At Weiler Smith Bowers, our people are our biggest asset. The firm’s success is due to our strong work ethic, exceptionally talented and qualified staff, and our ability to provide our clients with cutting edge technical excellence and innovation and practical structural engineering solutions.
If you are conscientious, a team player, and looking to broaden your experience in a challenging technical environment, we would like to hear from you. Please send a cover letter and your resume to [email protected].
We understand how important benefits are to our employees. Our goal at WSB is to provide a competitive and comprehensive benefit package to protect the health of our professionals and their families.
JUNIOR/INTERMEDIATE STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEER
We are currently looking for a Junior/Intermediate Structural Design Engineer who is energetic, positive and who thrives in a fast paced, challenging, technical environment, who has the following qualifications and abilities:
Qualifications and Skills
- B.ASc. or B.Eng. in Civil Engineering with a Structural major;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or EIT with EGBC (APEGBC);
- Structural design experience in concrete and wood;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A working knowledge of the BC Building Code;
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawing plans.
- Positive, team-oriented and a creative thinker who likes a challenge;
- Someone who communicates clearly and concisely;
- A multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Organized, efficient and confident.
- Create plans, designs, computer analysis, checking drawing reviews and calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings, or other specifications;
- Analyze reports, drawings, and related construction documentation to plan and design projects;
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents and calculations;
- Conduct field reviews and structural observations;
- Review shop drawings, contractor requests and RFI’s.
Please forward resume to: [email protected] Please no telephone calls.