At Weiler Smith Bowers, our people are our biggest asset. The firm’s success is due to our strong work ethic, exceptionally talented and qualified staff, and our ability to provide our clients with cutting edge technical excellence and innovation and practical structural engineering solutions.
If you are conscientious, a team player, and looking to broaden your experience in a challenging technical environment, we would like to hear from you. Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand how important benefits are to our employees. Our goal at WSB is to provide a competitive and comprehensive benefit package to protect the health of our professionals and their families.
JOB OPENING FOR: STRUCTURAL SITE INSPECTOR
Our firm is currently looking for a structural site inspector. If you’re looking to expand your experience in a dynamic and exciting work environment, we’d like to hear from you!
Qualifications and requirements
- ASTTBC Diploma of Technology or a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering Degree.
- 2 years of construction site experience, including field reviews during construction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with internal staff, clients and construction site personnel.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawing plans.
The daily tasks expected from the successful applicant are as follows:
- Conduct reinforcing steel field reviews, before each concrete pour.
- Review structural member dimensions.
- Conduct structural steel and decking field reviews, before covering up.
- Conduct masonry and reinforcing steel field reviews, before grouting.
- Conduct wood framing & light gauge steel studs field reviews, before covering up.
- Check for any design deficiencies that may become apparent during construction.
- Prepare a handwritten review report for all site reviews.